May 21, 2021
In order to be CAN-SPAM compliant, it’s important your email messages follow these rules, which can be found in full over at the FTC’s website.
- Do include your valid physical postal address in every email you send out.
- Do provide a clear and obvious way to opt out of every email you send out, and honor the unsubscribe within 10 business days.
- Do use clear “From,” “To,” and “Reply to” language that accurately reflects who you are. This applies to the person or business sending the message, as well as the domain name and email address.
- Don’t sell or transfer any email addresses to another list.
- Don’t make it hard to unsubscribe from emails. You cannot 1) charge a fee 2) require a recipient to provide personally identifying information beyond an email address, or 3) make recipients take extensive steps other than simply replying to an email or visiting a single page on a website to unsubscribe themselves from your emails.
- Don’t use deceptive subject lines in your emails that misrepresent the contents of your message.